Sunday, January 29, 2012

Correcting a Published work on Kindle, Reviews

West of Western's been up on Kindle for a few days now and I've found twelve errors that somehow slipped through the zillion proof readings. Nasty little buggers, words out of order and several misplaced quotation marks. Ick. When I emailed Hitch at booknook.biz in a funk about this, Len sent me their panicked author correction form. Once I have the corrected pdf I'll send it to Kindle and all will be well. I think. One of the Great Good Things about publishing on Kindle is the ease with which changes in the published work may be accomplished. Especially good for messy people like me.

While I'm waiting for the corrected version I've stopped all promotion. Why promote a flawed book when a better version is in the works?

Even flawed, I've received one 5 star review and one 3 star review on Amazon. I was sad about the 3 star one until I read it carefully, then decided it's pretty good after all. The reviewer was dead right about the typos. I'm thinking about the other criticisms and looking at the revision I'm working on now with them in mind. More, please!

While all this is going on, I'm revising Chicago Story 2: Ravenswood, which will be going to editor Elizabeth Lyons next month for criticism. At some point the story has taken on a life of its own and it's hard to remember I ever made it up. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment